This template is meant to serve as a guide to discovery questions to discuss with customer. Discovery questions should not be limited to this document. This document is used as organized talking points during discovery discussions.
- Describe your company’s business.
- Describe the business conducted through the call center.
- What type of call are the agents processing? Inbound? Outbound? Blended?
- How do you measure the success of your call center?
- What are the key indicators of success?
- Do you adhere to Service Level Requirements?
- How many agents will be using Amazon?
- Do agents work multiple shifts?
- Are agents in one office location or are they working remote?
- What monthly call volume should we anticipate for inbound and/or outbound?
- What are your call center hours of operation?
- How do you handle after hour and holiday closures?
- What is the out pulse ANI you will be using if/when you make an Outbound call?
Call Flow Process
- Describe your current call flow process as it pertains to your business model.
- Do you have your current call flow process documented?
- When a call is connected to an Agent, what is their workflow?
- If the customer shows interest in your product, does the agent you first connected with the customer close the sale or is the call transferred to another agent?
- Do you use verifiers? If yes, will the verifiers be taking calls using Amazon?
- What data is gathered on the call? Will that data be housed in an external CRM or captured in a worksheet?
- Do you need to share that data with systems outside of Amazon? External database?
- Will your campaigns be running in a blended environment? (Inbound and outbound campaigns running simultaneously)
- How many campaigns will be running simultaneously?
- Campaigns in Amazon run independently of one another. Do you currently treat campaigns this way?
- Would agents be assigned to one campaign or assigned across multiple campaigns?
- Does each campaign require unique requirements? (Ex: filters, out pulse ANI, workflow rules)
- Do you agents follow a speaking script for each call?
- What dispositions (call result) should be set for each campaign?
- For each disposition (primarily for outbound campaigns) indicate redial behavior.
- For each system disposition, indicate if redial behavior should differ from default settings.
- Do you want an immediate email / IM notification sent for specific dispositions?
- Is 100% call recording required?
- How will you store call recordings? Store on Amazon for a maximum of 30 days or transfer to your FTP?
- If FTP – can you provide your hostname, username, and password information?
- If FTP – should recordings be deleted from Amazon after upload?
- At what level do you need recordings? Campaign, disposition, domain?
- Should agents have the ability to control live call recordings?
- Will you be offering voicemail options to customers?
- Should agents receive an email if they receive a personal voicemail?
- How do you handle customer call backs (EX: Customer notices you’re out pulse ANI and calls the number back)
- Are callbacks routed to an IVR and sent to queue or straight to VM?
- What group of agents will be handing call backs?
- Do you want customers to be able to reach a specific agent by entering an extension?
- Do you want to offer callers the ability to opt out of future calls and be added to the DNC list in the IVR?
- What dialing mode are you interested in using for outbound campaigns? (Power, preview, progressive, predictive)
- How should the dialer work through a list? List penetration? Vertical dialing?
- Will you be using answering machine detection?
- What is your dialing schedule?
- Are you calling different states that require you to adhere to specific dialing rules?
- When multiple attempts are required to reach a live person, how many times should we attempt to call and in what timeframe?
- Where are you getting your lists from?
- What is the source file of your list? .CSV file? Web form?
- What is the unique identifier used to determine duplicate contacts in a list?
- How often do you change / update lists with new contacts?
- Do you update existing lists or add new lists?
- How will lists be distributed among multiple campaigns? One list per campaign OR multiple lists per campaign?
- How do you currently manage “do not call” contact records?
- Do you have your own DNC list that you intend on uploading to Amazon?
- Describe your IVR call flow, queuing practice, and prompts used.
- Do you have your IVR documented?
- Describe your IVR call flow for after hours and holiday closures.
- What skills will be used to transfer calls within the IVR?
- Are you using call prioritization?
- For IVR prompts and recordings, will you be using TTS (text-to-speech) or custom recorded voice prompts?
- Will you be using custom hold music?
- Will there be any custom messages to callers waiting in queue?
- Do you want to speak the estimated wait time to callers?
- Do you want to offer voicemails while callers are in queue?
- Do you want to offer callbacks in lieu of waiting in queue?
- Is there a need to query information on the caller within the IVR?
- What specific reporting requirements do you have?
- What statistics do you need to measure?
- How often to you run reports?
- Should reports be scheduled to run and sent automatically?
- For Agent, Supervisor and Administrator workstations, please identify:
- Will agents be using Amazon softphone?
- Will agents be using an existing hard phone at their desk? If yes –
- Who will be administering the system and be required to attend all training meetings to support the system on an on-going basis?
- How is real-time monitoring performed and by whom?
- Why type of internal training organization is in place?
CRM Integration (General)
- Who developed and maintains your CRM application?
- Describe the workflow (in your CRM) an agent will follow for an inbound call.
- Describe the workflow (in your CRM) an agent will follow for an outbound call.
- What CRM page will pop to an agent for an inbound call?
- What CRM page will pop to an agent for an outbound call?
- If utilizing screen pop – what is the trigger? (call accepted, disposition selected, etc)
- Is the screen pop dependent on specific information on the contact record?
- For outbound dialing, are contact lists you will be dialing from already in your CRM?
- Will you load contacts into your CRM application first or directly into Amazon?
- What call information do you want to capture in the CRM?
- What version of Salesforce are you currently using?
- Other than Amazon, do you have any other Salesforce integrations currently in use?
- Do you have any APEX customizations developed in-house? Do these customizations use API calls?
- Describe the workflow (in Salesforce) an agent will follow for an inbound call.
- Describe the workflow (in Salesforce) an agent will follow for an outbound call.
- For an outbound call, what page should screen pop to the agent? (lead, contact, account)
- For an inbound call, what page should screen pop to the agent? (lead, contact, account)
- For outbound dialing, how mane leads/contacts do you need to initially load into Amazon?
- Will you load contacts into Salesforce first or directly into Amazon?
- NOTE: Regarding “list sync” – customers with large lists (10, 000 + records) or other APEX processes and jobs could exceed the amount of allowable API calls or code statements by Salesforce.
Multi-Channel | Email
- What is your current email response process?
- List the groups/departments that will use SCC email with Amazon.
- Are emails submitted via web-form, direct to an email, or both?
- Describe the agent workflow of email processing today.
- How do you handle replies? Route to same agent or queue?
- What attributes do you want to track on individual emails?
- Please provide:
- AID or cherry picking?
- Will your email messages contain attachments? If yes, what is the file size?
- Will your agents be forwarding messages?
- Will emails be routed to the last agent who handled the interaction? (Stickiness)
- What is the maximum allowed interaction that a user can handle or assign under his name for Email?
- What dispositions are required for Email?
- What volume of emails are you expecting on a daily basis
Multi-Channel | Chat
- What is the reason for end-users using chat? Technical support, billing questions, order status?
- Are there multiple chat topics and are they processed by different agents?
- Is there a phone call follow up option?
- Do you currently have a chat system and process in place?
- Is this implementation a replacement or addition?
- How do end-users access the chat request and how are they routed upon completion?
- How do you handle follow-up chat requests from the same person? Route to same agent or queue?
- Do you have your own web development code chat?
- Will you require any customizations on the web form?
- Will agents be performing agent to agent transfers?
- What is the maximum allowed interaction that a user can handle or assign under his name for Chat?
- What dispositions are required for chat?
- What volume of chats are you expecting on a daily basis
Multi-Channel | social
- Which Platforms do you plan to bring into the call center