Most frequently asked Question about Amazon Connect this week!
At a time when we are buried building "work at home" solutions a question has surfaced as being the most asked question of the week! Can you write a script that provides "after call" customer evaluations? The challenge with after call surveys is that they need to be automated with no Agent transfer required. Why would an Agent transfer an obviously unhappy customer to a post call survey? The only callers the Agent will transfer are callers who are obviously happy with the manner in which the Agent handled the call. The requirement is that after the Agent hangs up, the customer previously selected for a survey, is automatically transferred to the survey solution! (Special thanks to Gordon Campbell Dextr.Cloud CSO for bringing this issue to the table)!
Can we automate the after call survey?
The fact is, using Amazon Connect it is very possible to automate the after call survey. We have created a solution in which some percentage of inbound callers are auto magically transferred to the post call survey dialog. The solution can be very simple or implemented with more complex options. In any case the solution will most certainly involve several other services from the AWS pantheon of technology infrastructure solutions:
- Clearly you need an Amazon Connect Instance configured with the DrVoIP Post Call Survey script
- A decision needs to be made as to how many calls should be transferred to the survey as a percentage of the total call volume. From 1-100% are possible.
- A decision needs to be made as to the customer answer collection technology. Are we going to use LEX as a Speech Bot to collect the callers survey response, or is a good old "press 0-9" input acceptable?
- The actual survey questions have to be scripted and need to map to either a LEX Intent/Slot or a Touch Tone value.
- A lambda function(s) will need to be created to write the results to a database.
- A database for the results needs to be available to host the responses by caller. Left to our own design we would make use of DynamoDB but you can make use of any database you prefer.
- A report generation and administration resource needs to be created.
As it turns out the automation of the post call survey transfer was solved and we can do this with little modification, if any, to your Amazon Connect existing contact flow scripts. The above list, however, determines how much time and effort is required to do provide this facility. In fact, some folks already have a survey solution and the only requirement is to transfer the caller to that solution. If we have to create a solution then the complexity of the solution is determined by the answers to the questions and decisions posted above. For example, using LEX is certainly a real possibility with real benefits. Speaking is always better than hunting and pecking a touch tone input device. Reading and writing to a database is also not that demanding of a task, though it does take some time to create reusable functions that are not restricted by the number of questions asked.
The Report Generator!
Actually, the last item is the big expense. You can have a simple and utilitarian GUI interface to setup the survey questions and report the results. Using S3 and simple static HTML interface works just fine, but is not as fancy as having a GUI with all the latest flashing and dynamically changing "on click" options.
We have been able to randomize the questions asked, which is a nice feature. Noting if the caller has already taken the survey in a previous call is also doable. We are always learning new requirements and when we think we have heard them all, someone comes up with another request! We actually enjoy the "stump the vendor" game, so please do not hesitate to ask us for features that you dream up! Post Call automated customer surveys are most certainly within the scope of what you can do with Amazon Connect! Just give us a call and we can scope it out in no time! - DrVoIP@DrVoIP.com